Credit and debit cards are the safest and undoubtedly the most popular methods for depositing and withdrawing money from online casinos. Visa and Mastercard are the most notable brands, but American Express is right there behind them, and it’s an incredibly popular payment method in the US.
If you want to use your AmEx card to fund playing casino games, you’re in the right place. In this piece, we’ll talk about what this payment method is and how it works in online casinos, but most importantly, we’ll tell you what the best American Express online casinos are. That way, you’ll have all the knowledge and resources you need before you start playing your favorite casino games using money from your American Express card. Let’s begin!
Top American Express Online Casino in the US 2021
Before we begin explaining all the little details you need to know about American Express online casinos, here’s a quick preview of the top casinos you need to use if you’re looking to make payments with your AmEx card:
|1||Vegas Casino Online|
400% up to $10,000Welcome Bonus
|2||Rich Palms Casino|
250% + 100% CashbackWelcome Bonus
|3||Lucky Tiger Casino|
$2600 + 100% CashbackWelcome Bonus
|4||El Royale Casino|
250% up to $12,500Welcome Bonus
240% + 45 FSWelcome Bonus
Bear in mind that the list is not set in stone, and it will change in the future. We’ll add new casinos and remove old ones if necessary. We’re always on the lookout for the best casino sites for our audience, which is precisely why we’ll continually update this list.
What You Need to Know About American Express
American Express, or AmEx for short, is one of the most popular and largest banking institutions in the world. It’s best known for its premium credit cards and various debit cards. The company has been in the business for more than 170 years, and today, around 110 million AmEx cards are in use in the US and countless other countries.
American Express is a massive global company, and it is constantly working on keeping its customers safe. You will typically have to use two-factor authentication to make payments, which is precisely what makes these cards so safe. That is probably why they are one of the preferred payment methods on gambling sites.
The best thing here is that you can use a wide range of different AmEx cards in online casinos. American Express offers a wide range of personal cards, small business cards, and so much more. Most of these should work fine in American Express online casinos.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using AmEx in Online Casinos
Let’s take a look at the full list of pros and cons of AmEx cards in online casinos.
Globally recognized and trusted brand
Withdrawals that take up to five business days
Extremely high security measures for online payments
Not as widespread in online casinos as Visa and Mastercard
Very quick deposits, either instant or completed in a couple of minutes
Annual fees for some AmEx cards
User-friendly AmEx app for iOS and Android
Fees for AmEx transactions in some casinos
Chance to claim various bonuses and promotions in online casinos
Numerous card options to choose from
How Does American Express Compare to Other Payment Methods in Online Casinos?
This is a good question many players have on their minds, especially if they are already using other payment methods in general.
American Express is mostly the same as other major card issuers, like Visa and Mastercard. They practically work in the same way, with only a handful of differences in fees and procedures. Still, American Express has an excellent app that’s often considered better than other similar apps.
On another note, it’s hard to compare American Express to other payment methods like e-wallets and cryptocurrencies, as they function differently. However, it’s typically better to use a credit card when it comes to online casinos, as they are more widely accepted than other payment methods.
How to Make a Deposit in an Online Casino Using American Express
Making deposits in online casinos is one of the easiest things in the world, especially if you are using your American Express card. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Get an AmEx card if you don’t have one and get it ready for use.
- Visit an American Express casino site and register if you don’t have an account.
- Go to the Cashier section of your account and choose deposit.
- Select American Express from the available deposit methods and insert all the necessary details.
- Choose the amount you want to deposit and click on ‘Deposit.’ Bear in mind that some casinos have a minimum deposit amount you need to meet if you want to make a deposit at all. Also, if you want to claim a specific deposit bonus, you need to check the terms to see what is the minimum deposit for the bonus.
- Confirm the payment once all the details are in, and wait for the money to arrive in your account. In most cases, the funds will reach the casino instantly or within a few minutes.
How to Make a Withdrawal in an Online Casino Using American Express
Now that you know exactly how deposits work in American Express online casinos, let us guide you through the withdrawal steps:
- Sign in to your casino account and visit the Cashier section.
- Go to withdrawals and choose American Express.
- Input the required details if you haven’t already registered your AmEx card as a payment method in this casino.
- Enter the amount of money you wish to withdraw. Bear in mind that you can only request the funds from your real money balance, not the bonus balance. Also, if you claim a bonus, you’ll likely have to complete its wagering requirements before withdrawing the money you’ve won using it.
- Complete the payment and wait for the money to arrive on your American Express card balance. This should take a couple of business days, as the casino first needs to check your payment request, and then American Express needs to process it and approve it.
Types of AmEx Cards You Can Use in Online Casinos
Even though American Express offers a wide range of cards, not all of them are accepted in online casinos. In most cases, any American Express casino you join will take one or more of these types of AmEx cards:
- Credit cards — AmEx credit cards are the most popular AmEx cards players use in online casinos, and they are the ones most widely accepted by the casinos themselves. If you own and use American Express credit cards, you can get many benefits, like membership points.
- Prepaid cards — An AmEx prepaid card doesn’t have a minimum balance and is connected to your bank account. Many AmEx casinos accept prepaid cards too.
- Charge cards — These cards are relatively similar to AmEx credit cards, the only difference being that you have to pay off your debt at the end of each month. Some AmEx casinos accept them.
You’re unlikely to find out which AmEx card is accepted at the casino you’ve chosen. However, you only need to try and use it, and you’ll quickly learn if you can fund your account with it or not.