In the last couple of years, the number of live casinos has grown immensely. Casino enthusiasts seem to enjoy experiencing the thrill of a real casino from the comfort of their homes. The possibility of avoiding crowds and wasting time to get to a casino seems rather appealing, which is why an increasing number of online casinos now provide a wide range of live dealer games.
While online casino games have been trending for quite some time, they still miss some things, like human connection and the opportunity of communicating with other people. Luckily, live casinos are here to save the day and give you an engaging and fun gambling experience.
This article will show you how live casinos work, what games you can play, and how to choose the right platform. So, let’s get started.
Top 5 Live Dealer Casinos
|1||Vegas Casino Online|
400% up to $10,000Welcome Bonus
250% up to $2,500Welcome Bonus
100% up to $3,000Welcome Bonus
|4||El Royale Casino|
250% up to $12,500Welcome Bonus
|5||Lucky Tiger Casino|
$2600 + 100% CashbackWelcome Bonus
What Are Live Casinos?
To be honest, we’d described live casinos as the natural evolution of online casinos. They bring the atmosphere of real casinos straight to your screen. Available on any type of device, live casinos are the most thrilling type of gaming joints online. They offer live casino games in different varieties that are hosted by a human dealer rather than an RNG (computer). That’s their ace in the sleeve.
Why should you join a live casino? Well, it’s simple – it’s the perfect marriage between land-based and web joints. Wouldn’t you want to try that? It’s a whole new concept of online casinos and quite an exciting one.
How Does a Live Casino Work?
Software providers build casino studios used to broadcast live dealer games — it’s where the magic happens. Usually, live casinos have at least three rooms — a live studio, a software room, and a room for analysts. These are all necessary for the live casino to function seamlessly.
As far as the live studio is concerned, the key components are as follows:
- Camera — Cameras play an essential role in live casinos as they are used to film and broadcast the game in real-time.
- Dealer — No live casino game would be possible without a professional dealer. They are in charge of leading the game and making sure there’s no difference between a real land-based casino and a live one.
- Game Control Unit — A GCU is a vital element of a live casino. It’s a device that encodes the video and makes the broadcast possible.
- Monitor — Thanks to this device, players can see all the game details (the bets, other players, etc.). Moreover, the monitor allows the dealer to follow the game, see which players are online and their wagers.
Live dealer casinos don’t film anything beforehand — everything happens in real-time, giving you an impression you’re in an authentic casino. Additionally, the software allows you to communicate with the dealer and other players, adding a human touch to the entire operation.
How to Find the Right Live Casino
Not all live casinos offer equal gambling opportunities. Therefore, finding the one tailored to your needs is essential. If you’re a rookie, this might seem like an overwhelming task. Fortunately, we’re here to give you some pointers that will make the entire process easier.
Here are some aspects you should pay attention to:
- Security — Firstly, find a licensed and reliable online platform. Look for additional security details that ensure your data and transactions will be safe.
- Game selection — Before signing up in a live casino, make sure it offers games you enjoy playing or others you’d like to try out.
- Mobile accessibility — If you prefer gambling on your mobile, check if the chosen website is compatible with your device.
- Payment methods — A good live casino will provide a range of renowned payment providers, allowing you to deposit and withdraw money safely.
- Betting limits — See if the game’s betting limits meet your abilities. If not, you should look for another platform — never wager more than you can afford to lose.
- Bonuses and promotions — Look for specialized live casino bonuses to increase the chances of winning and make the entire gambling experience more thrilling.
- Customer support — You want to find a live dealer casino with efficient customer service. If you need any assistance, the support team should help you and promptly solve all problems.
Getting Started With a Live Dealer Casino
If you follow all the advice we mentioned above, you’ll have no trouble finding a reliable live casino. Once you come across the platform that fulfills all your expectations, it’s time to start exploring.
Here’s a detailed guide explaining how to begin your live casino adventure on a high note:
- Visit the desired live casino and locate the Register or Join Now button.
- Clicking on it will launch a registration form you’ll need to fill out with the necessary information.
- Once you’ve completed the form, it’s time to make a deposit.
- Go to the Cashier, pick the Deposit option, and select a preferred payment provider.
- Enter the amount you’d like to transfer and confirm the payment.
- As soon as the deposit appears, you can go to the game lobby and explore the casino offer.
- Find the game you like, join a table, and enjoy.
Remember to check the Promotions page for any live casino bonuses. If an offer piques your interest, carefully read the fine print before claiming it. If you feel like you can meet the requirements, get the bonus and enjoy playing your favorite games with a boost.
What Can I Play?
The types of live dealer games vary from Wheel of Fortune to all the major casino games. You can play blackjack, you can spin roulette wheels or go for a few rounds of poker. The only type of game not covered by live casinos are slots, although we expect the industry to find a ‘solution’ to that problem soon.
Most Popular Types of Live Dealer Games
Even though live casinos can’t compete with their online counterparts in the number of casino games, they still manage to provide an exciting range of gambling options. Live casinos primarily focus on table and card games. However, the software providers recently began creating live slot machines as well.
When you enter a live casino, you shouldn’t expect to see hundreds of tables you normally would in a brick-and-mortar facility. Instead, you’ll find a carefully selected range of high-quality games. Let’s look at some of the most popular types of live casino games and their variants:
- Live blackjack — European, American, VIP, switch, single deck, etc.
- Live roulette — American, European, French, auto, lightning, and others.
- Live baccarat — Speed, squeeze, mini, progressive.
- Live poker — Casino Hold’em, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, Caribbean stud, etc.
Other fun games you’ll find in some live dealer casinos include craps, sic bo, dream catcher, monopoly, dragon tiger,etc. Don’t be surprised if you come across some games you’ve never seen before. Software providers are constantly working on creating unique and engaging games to attract new players.
Additionally, live casinos offer you a chance to pick a game that matches your preferences, and here’s how:
- You can choose whether you want a female or male dealer.
- Some games are available in multiple languages, which is a great option for non-English speaking players.
- You can pick a game with side or other bet types.
Can I Play Live Games for Free?
Unfortunately, no. The nature of live dealer games doesn’t allow you to play for free. These games have been designed for experienced players who enjoy real money gameplay. Instead of a computer, you’ll be playing against a live, human dealer who you can even chat to.
Due to this fact, honing your skills on poker or blackjack, for example, simply isn’t possible with live dealer games. You can, however, practice on virtual (RNG) table games. The great thing about live casinos is the fact that the games are even more thrilling than virtual tables as soon as you’re ready to play. The whole atmosphere and the technological advantages of each game simply cannot be compared to virtual games.
To be honest, it’s the gaming of the future.
Can I Play on My Mobile Phone?
Of course, you can. All live casinos and live dealer games are mobile-optimized. It’s 2021, and more great features are regularly being included on casino apps. We all find convenience with our handheld devices these days, be it a smartphone or tablet. Players love enjoying casino games on their phones and live developers know this very well.
The two biggest and most popular OS’ are supported by most live casinos and games. This means that you can play games on your Android and iOS devices with ease. Just make sure to see if you should download anything or not. If it’s an instant-play platform, you can just visit the casino and play straight from the browser.
Are There Any Live Casino Bonuses?
Sure, the best online casinos will have some kind of live casino bonus that will enable you to play the games without spending your bankroll. For example, if it is a no deposit bonus, you’ll essentially play the games for free.
Of course, it would be a wise idea to check the T&Cs before you go and claim a bonus. This’ll ensure that you don’t miss out on some requirements and lose the funds.
Live Casino Game Developers
Live casinos are supplied by world-renowned software providers who create innovative and engaging games. Naturally, each one has its strengths and weaknesses and offers carefully selected titles.
These companies work hard to create games suitable for both beginners and seasoned players, resulting in high-quality live dealer titles. Below is a list of the most popular software developers in the online gambling industry, known for generating outstanding live casino experiences:
The greatest live casino game developer in the industry, Evolution is behind the biggest hits in live casinos. This is the studio that gave you Lightning Roulette and all the other great roulette live variants.
It’s fair to say that it’s the best in the business. Just try Evolution’s games and you’ll see how far ahead of others they are.
NetEnt is more famous for its slots, but it has a pretty nice collection of live games as well. Its live division, simply called NetEnt Live, has created more than a few blackjack, roulette, and baccarat variants so far.
There’s no question that the studio will grow in the future and get even closer to Evolution. If anyone can challenge the leader, it’s definitely NetEnt.
One of the oldest studios in the business, Playtech has its fair share of live dealer games. Playtech’s live dealer game library isn’t that extensive, but it still covers the most classic variants of roulette and blackjack among others.
An up-and-coming live dealer games developer launched in 2013, Ezugi has released quite a few hits so far. It already has several studios in Colombia, Costa Rica, and Belgium, and if experts are to be believed, it is vying for Evolution Gaming’s throne.
Although far from it right now, Ezugi can definitely make a run for the top in the future.
Why Choose Live Dealer Games?
Live dealer games are the best accomplishment in the industry since online casinos. They are the next step in iGaming evolution and offer a thrill you don’t get on virtual tables. The atmosphere and the dealer make things simply better. We see them as the future of casino gaming unless VR gaming takes a more concrete shape soon.
Virtual games are great if you want to practice or win cash. If you want the full casino experience, however, you’ll go with live dealer games. There’s a lot to enjoy and you can play all these games on your PC or smartphone.
If you want the absolute best casino experience, live dealer games are a no-brainer.
Pros and Cons of Playing in Live Casinos
Both RNG-based games and those played live have their pros and cons. Naturally, your preferences, skills, and style play an important part in deciding your favorite games.
Nevertheless, it’s up to us to show you the good and bad sides of playing live dealer games. But, don’t worry — the pros outweigh the cons.
- You play against a real dealer — Playing online games is fun, but it doesn’t feel the same without a professional dealer there to lead the game.
- The games use cutting-edge technology — Most live casinos employ advanced systems that boost the game quality. Moreover, these hi-tech solutions ensure your data is protected.
- You can play anywhere, anytime — Unlike land-based casinos, live dealer platforms give you instant access to any game. It doesn’t matter what time it is; live casinos will always have active tables waiting for you.
- You can claim hefty bonuses — Some casinos offer specialized bonuses and promotions for live games, allowing you to boost the entire experience and increase your odds of winning.
- Slower gameplay — Unlike classic online casino games that rely on automated software, these are played live. That means you will have more time to decide on your next step.
- Potential technical problems — We can’t exclude the possibility of a technical error occurring, despite the high-end solution used in the game. In land-based casinos, you wouldn’t have this problem.
- Limited range of games — Compared to brick-and-mortar and virtual platforms, live dealer casinos still offer a limited selection of games.
- Higher betting limits — Unlike some online games with very low betting limits, the lowest a live dealer wager can go is $1. Therefore, live casinos might be more suitable for experienced players who have total control over their bankroll.
Finding a reliable and secure live casino might seem like a challenge. However, if you stick to our guidelines and advice, you will surely find a great live casino. Remember, regardless of your experience level; you’ll be able to spot a live casino that caters to your every need.
So, if you’re craving the thrill of a real casino, you know what to do next.