Paddy Power horse refund: money back (as a free bet) on losing bets if a selected horse wins.
Paddy Power money back specials are popular with matched bettors. .
In 2013, Paddy offered money back if Sprinter Sacre won the Arkle up to Â£100.
Nowadays, the refund if ‘horse X’ wins promotion is usually available both online and in Paddy Power shops. Expect a maximum of Â£20 refund.
Here are key terms to be aware of:
There are two main strategies as follows.
Method #1 – Back a horse and hope
- Bet up to Â£10 on a horse other than the specified horse.
- Place a matching lay bet at the exchange.
This back and lay technique relies on the refund trigger to happen. You are not attempting to lock in profit with method #1.
If the specified horse does not win, then you will not gain a free bet refund. Your qualifying bet might give a small qualifying loss.
Method # 2 – Lock in
- Choose any horse other than the specified horse. Then calculate your ideal lay stake.
- Place Â£10 back bet on your horse at Paddy Power.
- Place a matching lay bet on your horse at the betting exchange. This will give a small qualifying loss.
- Lay the amount of your qualifying loss on the Paddy Power trigger horse.
There are 2 possible outcomes:
It’s easy to ensure a risk free matched bet. But advanced matched bettors may choose to advantage play this offer (i.e. not place a matching lay bet).
Besides Paddy Power horse refund offer, see our horse racing matched betting guides. Discover Bet365 racing refund, extra place offers, each way arbing, and more.