Ultimate PayID Casino Guide
PayID is the fastest and safest way to make a deposit with Australian online casinos. If you have an account with an Australian bank, you will have the ability to use PayID via your banking app or internet banking.
To find the best online casinos that accept PayID, you can choose from below:
Top Australian PayID Casinos
|1||Vegas Casino Online|
400% up to $10,000
|2||Slots Plus Casino|
200% up to $7,000
|3||Las Vegas USA|
400% up to $10,000
250% up to $2,500
|5||Rich Palms Casino|
250% + 100% Cashback
What is PayID?
PayID is a system used in Australia for making fast, secure, and simple payments between banks and financial institutions. It is a type of digital ID that links a user’s bank account to an easy-to-remember identifier, such as a mobile phone number or email address. By using a PayID, users can avoid the need to remember and provide their account number and BSB (Bank-State-Branch) code every time they make a payment.
PayID is built on top of the New Payments Platform (NPP), which is a real-time payments infrastructure that enables near-instantaneous payments between financial institutions. When a user makes a payment using a PayID, the payment is processed through the NPP, which ensures the funds are transferred quickly and securely.
To use PayID, users need to link their bank account to a unique identifier, such as a mobile phone number or email address. They can then provide this identifier to others when making or receiving payments. PayID is available to customers of participating banks and financial institutions in Australia, and is supported by the major banks, including ANZ, Commonwealth Bank, National Australia Bank, and Westpac.
Characteristics of PayID
Made by Australians for Australians. PayID is a specific payment method that is only available with Australian banks and financial institutions. It was created in collaboration between the Reserve Bank of Australia and BPay, with processing performed by a third party company named OSKO.
Super fast, super easy. Near instantaneous processing, literally completed within seconds.
Reduces typo errors. Identification of payees can be determined through the use of a mobile number or an email address and confirmed with their associated display name. So rather than passing to each other a BSB and Account number to process a transaction, an email address or mobile number can be used instead. This makes life so much easier, without the need to refer to lengthy BSB and Account combinations which have no meaning.
Zero cost. The banks don’t charge their customers for using PayID. So why not make the most of it?
PayID is therefore a digital payment option that Australian banks provide to customers. It enables a mobile phone number or an email address to be linked to a bank account. The phone number or email can then be used as the reference to send and receive payment.
How to setup a PayID
When you open an account at an Australian bank, they normally help you get started with establishing internet online banking and/or the mobile banking app.
With either banking option, you can generate a PayID. Most users prefer creating a PayID via a bank’s app.
Through the bank app, the process of creating a PayID is quite intuitive.
- Settings: All banks will have within your profile (also found in “setup”), the option of creating a PayID for your bank account. Follow the steps to create your PayID.
- Mobile number or Email: Along the way, you will need to decide whether to attach your mobile number or an email address to your bank account. There is very little difference, because normally users will have access to both their mobile phone or email.
- Link to Account: Select the bank account you wish to link to your mobile or email.
- Verify: Confirm through a verfication code sent to your mobile or email.
- Creation: PayID is created!
Comprehensive PayID Creation Guide
In our guide we have shown examples of screen shots of what to expect.
Please note: these examples will not be the same as your bank, but it should be similar and can be used as a reference point.
Step 1: Banking App Settings
Below is an example of a Settings section of a mobile banking app.
Click on “PayID”.
Please note: your mobile banking app may have a different layout and appearance.
Step 2: Initiate “Create PayID”
In the mobile banking app that I am using there is an introduction to the PayID process.
Click through the introduction.
Step 3: Accept Terms and Conditions
During the process you will need to accept the Terms and Conditions of use.
Accept the Terms and Conditions to continue with creating the PayID.
Step 4: Choose Mobile or Email
You can choose either a Mobile Number or Email as your PayID.
Note: If you choose an Email make sure you can access the email without any significant delay. You will be sent a verification code down the track which will expire if not used within a certain timeframe. Hence POP and forwarding emails that have a delay may cause inconvenience.
Step 5: Choose an Account
Select which Bank Account you want to link to.
In my example, I have three bank accounts that I can choose from. You may have more or less.
Step 6: Confirm PayID and Bank Account link
Confirm the Mobile Number / Email, your Display Name and Bank Account that is shown.
Click to proceed with linking.
Step 7: Receive Verification Code
A verification code will be sent to your Mobile Number or Email.
Enter the code that you receive to finalise the linking.
Step 8: PayID is created
Your Mobile Number / Email and Bank Account is now linked.
How to Deposit with PayID
To get started with making a casino deposit with PayID, following the below steps.
- Choose a PayID Casino: Not all casinos accept PayID, hence choose from our recommended list.
- Create a players account: your details need to be entered at the online casino. Make sure your name aligns with your PayID display name.
- Obtain Casino PayID: Upon completion of your details the casino PayID will be provided to you.
- Banking: Open your banking app or internet banking.
- Payments Menu: Once you are in your account, proceed to the payment/transfer menu. This is the menu in which any payment will be initiated.
- Choose PayID: Within the the Payment menu choose the option of PayID. Enter the Casino PayID and the amount you wish to deposit.
- Description: Enter your player account details in the description.
- Select account: Choose which account you want to pay from.
- Submit and Approve: Once you have entered an amount and confirmed details, click either submit or approve.
- Monies are credited to your online casino account.
- Start playing!
- Because the transaction is extremely fast and secure, your deposit will be credited to your player account within hours, if not minutes.
- To know that the payment has been processed, you will see a reference named OSKO. OSKO is the platform provider of PayID transactions and BPay transactions. You therefore could regard PayID synonymous with the word OSKO.
- Therefore search for any new transactions with the reference OSKO against it, if you want to make sure the deposit has been made.
Comprehensive PayID Casino Guide
In our guide we have shown examples of screen shots of what to expect to obtain the casino PayID.
We have chosen Playzilla as an example. Playzilla offers one of the best PayID Welcome Bonuses for Australians.
Step 1: Claim the Bonus
Go to the Promotions section to claim the bonus.
Step 2: User account name and email
Enter your email address and login user id.
Step 3: Enter Name and Birthday
Continue with entering your details.
Step 4: Enter Mobile Number and Address
Enter the Mobile Number that is linked to your PayID.
Step 5: PayID Logo
Look for the PayID logo and click on it.
Step 6: Enter Deposit Amount
Enter a deposit amount that does not exceed the match bonus.
This will enable you to maximise the 1st Deposit Welcome Bonus. If you exceed the match bonus %, the portion that exceeds, effectively is not utilised to your benefit.
For PlayZilla there is match bonus of 100% up to $1,500. Hence enter a deposit amount that does not exceed $1,500.
You will then be provided with details for the Casino PayID. Use these details when making a PayID payment from your mobile or internet banking.
Advantages of using PayID for Deposits
The advantages of using PayID in Australia are numerous.
Easy to Remember
No need to reference BSB and Account numbers
For starters, Australia has one of the most difficult bank account referencing. A typical bank account uses the combination of a BSB (which is a reference to a bank) and a Bank Account number. These combinations of BSB and Bank Account numbers are strings of numbers which hold no meaning to anyone. As a result, it makes it very difficult to remember (unless you are an accountant that performs bank reconciliation everyday).
Banking in Australia used to be one of the most frustrating time wasters.
But this has now disappeared with the use of PayID. No longer do we need to remember or find obscure and meaningless BSB and bank account combinations.
We can now make payments with email addresses or phone numbers that we recognise without the need to double and triple check if we have entered the correct BSB and account numbers.
Fast and Efficient
Using PayID is near instantaneous
There is no other payment method that is faster that PayID. You can see the speed of processing by viewing your bank account transaction online. It will pop up on BOTH the send and the receiver in the transaction listing once the payment has been submitted.
Please note: unlike credit card transactions it will NOT appear as pending. PayID transactions are processed immediately.
PayID is free
That are no bank fees applied to a PayID transaction. This is far cheaper than using credit cards such as VISA , Mastercard or AMEX which all charge a percentage fee of the amount processed.
Safe and Secure
PayID was developed by Australians for Australians
PayID was initially implemented by the big four banks in Australia, with Commonwealth Bank Australia leading the way, followed by Westpac (St George), ANZ and NAB. Subsequently, second tier banks such as Suncorp, Bendigo Bank, Macquarie Bank and several neo digital banks have followed suit, creating a widely used, safe and secure payment system.
PayID can be used overseas, however, it is normally only used for payments to and from institutions with an Australian Financial Services License.
How to Block PayID from Depositing at Online Casinos
Blocking PayID from being used for online gambling is a good way to help control your gambling behavior and prevent excessive spending. Here’s how you can do it:
- Contact your bank: You can contact your bank or financial institution and request that they block PayID transactions to online casinos and gambling sites. Most banks have policies and procedures in place for this, and they can help you block these types of transactions.
- Use a gambling self-exclusion service: Some online casinos and gambling sites offer self-exclusion services that allow you to voluntarily exclude yourself from playing for a certain period of time. This can be a helpful tool for those struggling with gambling addiction. Contact the online casino or gambling site’s customer support to find out how to access this service.
- Use gambling blocking software: There are a number of gambling blocking software programs available that can help you control your gambling behavior. These programs block access to online gambling sites and can be customized to block PayID transactions specifically.
It’s important to remember that blocking PayID from playing at online casinos is just one tool in controlling your gambling behavior. If you’re struggling with gambling addiction, it’s important to seek professional help and support. There are many resources available, including gambling helplines, counseling services, and support groups, that can help you overcome your addiction and regain control of your life.
About PayID Casinos
There are many Australian online casinos that offer PayID as a deposit method, however they will vary with Welcome Bonuses, Terms and Conditions and gaming options. Some offer slots, pokies, casino gaming and live dealer casinos, whilst others also offer a combination of casino games plus sports betting.
To choose a PayID Casino, select from our recommended list. These casinos offer the best Welcome Bonuses whilst not compromising on safety and security. There are some casinos that we do NOT list due to unethical behaviour such as unfair wagering Terms and Conditions.
PayID is a digital payment method that is used by Australian financial institutions to transfer money. It is provided to all customers of Australian banks, some credit unions and other digital payment providers to enable the use of email or mobile phone number to correspond to an account. This removes the requirement of entering a BSB and Account number, and instead more safely uses email / mobile number.
PayID is one of the safest payment methods in Australia. It was first rolled out by the big four banks in Australia and has subsequently been implemented by the majority of financial institutions. It is an extremely safe and reliable digital payment method that many Australians are using.
Yes, PayID can be used for playing at some online casinos in Australia. However, not all online casinos accept PayID as a payment method. It is important to check with the online casino to confirm whether they accept PayID as a payment method.
There are several benefits of using PayID to make an online casino deposit (or for any payment):
1 – The transaction is processed within seconds and can be confirmed by looking at online internet banking or mobile banking app.
2 – The risk of sending erroneously to the wrong payee is minimal because you can see the name attached to the PayID.
3 – The risk of sending erroneously to the wrong payee is minimal because there is no need to enter a lengthy BSB and Bank account number.
4- There are no fees attached with processing a PayID transaction.
5- It is widely accepted throughout Australia.
6 – It is safe and secure, developed in Australia and used by Australian financial institutions, corporations and individuals.
PayID is a safe and reliable method used to transfer funds. Though it does require attaching an email address or a mobile phone number to an account, these details alone do NOT process a payment.
Using PayID remains safe, however, it is your bank account being hacked by cybercriminals which is at risk. Remain safe by changing email and mobile number if these have been stolen.