Sic Bo, one of the most popular casino games, originated in Asia, where it is also known under the names of dai siu or tai sai, meaning big or small. The game is widely played across casinos in Macau, where it is almost as widespread as baccarat. You can also find it in the Philippines under the name of Hi-Lo. In the UK and American casinos, it is known as Grand Hazard and Chuck-a-Luck. However, no matter where you play it or how you choose to call it, the game has the same basic concept. It is a dice game where you have to predict the outcome to win the corresponding payout.
This game has achieved great popularity with the rise of live dealer games, which have brought the atmosphere of brick-and-mortar casinos to home-based players.
In the article below, we will present the game and its most notable variants and tell you how to play it.
Live Dealer Sic Bo Rules — How it Works
The success of Sic Bo likely stems from its simplicity. Namely, the game is played with three dice that are shaken inside a glass dome and then rolled onto the blaze. Before the dice are rolled, players place bets according to what they think the outcome will be.
The live dealer Sic Bo is streamed from the software provider’s studio in HD quality in real time. The role of the dealer is to oversee the game, interact with the players, and report on the action. The dealer does not shuffle the dice. Rather, it is done by the transparent dome and its mechanism, so you can rest assured knowing all outcomes will be absolutely random.
The main bets you can place are small and big. The small bet is successful if the outcome of the roll produces a score between 4 and 10. On the other hand, the big bet will bring you a payout if the value of the throw ranges between 11 and 17. The bet is a losing one if all three dice show the same number.
Of course, these are not the only bets you can place. Live dealer Sic Bo games will have a complete betting table layout presented on the screen, alongside the corresponding payouts. It is important to note that the house edge differs depending on the type of bet you choose. However, for the main bet types, such as big, small, odd/even, and dice combinations, the house edge is only 2.78%.
Best Casinos for Live Sic Bo
|1||Vegas Casino Online|
400% up to $10,000Welcome Bonus
250% up to $2,500Welcome Bonus
100% up to $3,000Welcome Bonus
|4||Slots Plus Casino|
200% up to $7,000Welcome Bonus
|5||Las Vegas USA|
400% up to $10,000Welcome Bonus
Live Dealer Sic Bo Variations
In essence, live dealer Sic Bo games come in two basic forms.
The first one is the original form that Chinese immigrants brought to America in the mid-twentieth century. The traditional game is produced by some casino software developers such as Playtech, Asia Gaming, and XPG.
The other version of the game includes some unique gameplay features, like game multipliers we can see in Pragmatic Play’s Mega Sic Bo or Evolution’s Super Sic Bo.
Beyond these multipliers and other bonus payouts, the only difference between the two Sic Bo variants is the payout structure. For example, the games with multipliers have a slightly lower payout than the traditional games since that difference is used to fund the multiplied wins.
Live Dealer Sic Bo Bets
There are tons of number combinations you can bet on in live dealer Sic Bo. The betting options in live dealer versions are almost the same as those we can find in the best brick-and-mortar casinos of Las Vegas and Macau, but some of them have been modified to suit the online casino environment.
Below, you will see the most frequent bets that you can place in live casino Sic Bo. You will also find their corresponding payouts. However, the payout percentages may vary depending on the provider you have chosen.
- Small — This bet wins if the dice total is between 4 and 10. It pays in a 1:1 ratio. Three of a kind are excluded.
- Big — You win if the outcome of the dice roll is between 11 and 17. The payout is also 1:1, and the triples are excluded.
- Triple — A triple is a bet where you win only if the dice show the same three numbers you’ve selected — three fours or three fives, for example. Normally, the payout for this particular bet is 150:1.
- Any triple — With this bet, you don’t have to name the triple that will appear — any three of a kind will do. The payout is set at 30:1.
- Number — The number bet allows you to place a wager on a particular number that will appear on the dice. The more dice it appears on, the greater the payout. If it is on just one die, then the payout is 1:1. If you are more fortunate and your number lands on two or three dice, then the payout is set at 2:1 and 3:1, respectively.
- Double — With this bet, you are betting that a specific pair will appear. The payout is fixed at 10:1.
- Odd/even — You win if the total of the three dice produces an odd/even number, depending on the option you have chosen. The payout for this bet is 1:1.
- Total bet — With this bet, you are betting on the total of the three dice. The betting range is between 4 and 17, since 3 and 18 are excluded. The payout depends on the numbers that have been chosen. For example, a 4 or 17 will pay 60:1, while 7 or 14 will pay 12:1.
- Combination bet — This bet allows you to wager money on any of the 15 possible combinations.
Live Dealer Sic Bo Software
All of the big shot live casino software providers have created their versions of Sic Bo. For instance, Playtech, XPG, Asia Gaming, and Ho Gaming have stuck to the traditional version with no bonuses, extra payouts, or multipliers. On the other hand, Evolution has launched Super Sic Bo, with multipliers of up to 1,000x. Playtech and Pragmatic Play have tried to pull of something similar with their Sic Bo Deluxe and Mega Sic Bo, respectively.
How to Play Live Dealer Sic Bo
In order to start your live dealer Sic Bo adventure, you need to complete a couple of simple steps.
- Choose an online casino that offers live Sic Bo.
- Create an account and make a deposit.
- Go to the Live Casino section and start the game.
- Select the size of your bet and the type of bet you wish to place, and confirm it.
- Once the dealer has announced the end of the betting round, the three dice will be shaken inside a transparent dome.
- The moment the dice produce an outcome, you will receive a payout — if you have made the right prediction, that is.
Advantages of Live Dealer Sic Bo
One of the main advantages the game holds over other casino games is its incredible simplicity. Namely, you don’t need to learn any complex strategies of betting patterns in order to play. Furthermore, with live dealer Sic Bo, you will experience a playing atmosphere of a brick-and-mortar casino right on your computer, phone, or tablet screen, no matter where you are. The game is incredibly interactive since you can chat with other players and the dealer, just like you would in a land-based casino. Finally, Sic Bo is a game with a low house edge and very good payouts. That means you’ll have an opportunity to win big, and that’s something all players are striving for.
Tips for Playing Live Dealer Sic Bo
First thing you should do when playing Sic Bo is learn about the odds and payouts. This way, you will understand which bets have the biggest win potential and how likely an outcome is to occur. For example, the big, odd/even, and small bets have a house edge of only 2.78%, so you can start with those and work your way up.
Also, learn to control your bankroll. With so many betting options in Sic Bo, you can easily get carried away and place a large number of bets, thus quickly burning through your bankroll, so make sure to place your bets wisely.
Finally, remember that luck is the biggest factor in the game. Even if you avoid the sucker bets and opt for the solid wagers with great odds, in the end, fortune is what will determine the outcome.