Sweden is one of the most recent countries to join the ever-evolving iGaming industry. Besides local gambling platforms, many international operators without a Swedish license began catering to Swedish players, creating a flourishing market with an array of exciting gaming opportunities, rewarding bonuses, and secure payments.
The following article will focus on the last aspect, secure payments, and introduce ecoPayz —a cutting-edge payment provider with over two decades of experience.
Before diving into the details, we’d like to clear up that by “unlicensed online casinos,” we refer to online gambling platforms without an SGA license, not completely unlicensed or rogue operators. These are legit online casinos with licenses from internationally acclaimed regulatory agencies.
Now, let’s begin.
What Is ecoPayz?
Originally known as ecoCard, ecoPayz is a popular e-wallet owned by PSI-Pay, a London-based company supervised by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and the EU Directive. ecoPayz has won several awards, including a 2019 Sussex Super Growth Award for the fastest-growing private company in the region.
Since its launch in 2000, the company has diversified and expanded, providing contactless and secure payments to customers and businesses in over 150 countries. In 2013, ecoCard finally became ecoPayz, with the original name used for one of its products.
This payment method operates similarly to PayPal or Zimpler. Customers can easily top up their ecoAccounts using their bank accounts. From there, they can use the funds to make online casino deposits and enjoy fantastic gambling opportunities.
How to Get Started With ecoPayz?
Before we discuss online casino deposits and withdrawals, we’ll explain how to start using ecoPayz. The first step is creating an ecoPayz account on the official website and filling out the registration form. It’s worth mentioning that the entire process is free of charge.
After setting up the username and password, you can top up your account in several ways — via bank account, debit/credit cards, and local payment providers. You’ll then be able to choose how to store your funds — on an ecoVirtual card, ecoCard powered by Mastercard, or your online ecoPayz account. You’ll later use one of these options to top up your online casino
ecoPayz also offers several account levels — Classic, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and VIP. New customers begin with Classic and build their way up using ecoPayz services regularly. Aside from unlocking a new level, this feature offers perks regarding transaction limits, free international bank transfers, lower conversion fees, and others.
ecoPayz Transaction Limits and Fees
Besides the free ecoPayz registration, customers won’t find many other free services, as most transactions come with fees.
For example, a credit/debit card deposit fee ranges between 1.69% and 6.00% + $0.38, while bank wire transactions can cost up to 10%.
Customers on the Classic level won’t have access to bank transfers — the service is available from the Silver tier up. You’ll pay a fee even if your account is inactive for 12 months or longer ($2.31/month). Remember that these fees differ between countries, and your bank might add extra costs.
As for limits, they vary based on the service. For instance, most deposits have a $10 minimum limit, while the maximum goes up to $250,000 daily.
However, these limits may change if a casino imposes different rules. So, check the T&C and banking information before joining any online casino.
Making ecoPayz Deposits at Unlicensed Online Casinos in Sweden
After creating and topping up your ecoPayz account, you’ll be free to kick off your gambling adventure.
- Pick an internationally licensed online casino and set up an account.
- Go to the Cashier and select the option to deposit.
- Choose ecoPayz as your preferred payment option and specify the amount you wish to transfer.
You’ll be redirected to the official ecoPayz website to log in to your account.
- Pick your desired deposit option (ecoCard, ecoVirtual Card, or ecoAccount) and confirm the transaction.
Complete the payment — the money should appear on your casino balance within minutes.
That’s it — you can now explore everything the casino offers.
Can I Use ecoPayz for Withdrawals?
If depositing money via ecoPayz was a breeze, you’ll have even less trouble with withdrawals. The process is nearly the same and requires several moments to complete.
Here’s everything you need to do:
- Load the Cashier at your chosen online casino.
- Select the option to withdraw funds and choose ecoPayz as the payment option.
- Insert the amount you want to withdraw.
- Once redirected to the ecoPayz website, log into your account, and pick a transfer option (ecoCard, ecoVirtual card, or ecoAccount).
- Confirm the transaction and wait for the winnings to land on your ecoPayz balance.
Advantages of Using ecoPayz at Unlicensed Swedish Casinos
Besides two decades of experience, ecoPayz comes with many valuable perks for Swedish casino players.
Here’s everything you should know about the good sides of using ecoPayz at unlicensed online casinos:
- Secure and fast payments — ecoPayz uses high-end SSL and TST encryption to protect its customers and transactions. With lightning-fast payments, ecoPayz is a top banking option for Swedish players.
- Anonymity — You won’t have to share your bank account or card information with the casino because ecoPayz acts as a middleman between the two parties.
- Several ways of funding your ecoPayz account — You can send funds to your ecoPayz account using various payment options, including bank transfers, credit cards, and even Neosurf.
- Multiple options for storing your funds online — After withdrawing the winnings, you can keep the money using ecoAccount, ecoCard, and ecoVirutal card without sending it to your bank account.
- Round-the-clock support — If you have issues with ecoPayz, you can always rely on customer support. The agents are active 24/7, offering high-quality assistance to anyone in need.
Although the ecoPayz advantages paint a pretty picture, this payment method has several limitations.
Check them out below:
- Five-level account upgrade system — Although it’s an interesting approach, upgrading your account can be difficult. Sending money, receiving funds, and remaining active can be overwhelming, so you might not advance as quickly as you’d hoped.
- Fees — Almost all ecoPayz transactions come with fees, so you should pay attention to the amount you transfer as the costs differ. Although fees diminish as you reach new levels, it’s a long road, so make sure you understand how ecoPayz fees work before making casino deposits and withdrawals.