AstroPay is a prepaid virtual debit card provider that’s established itself as one of the most dominant payment methods in Filipino online casinos. It has the upper hand over standard credit and debit cards since it doesn’t reveal any sensitive data during gambling transactions, keeping your banking information at bay and safe from prying eyes. It also brings a few other benefits to online casino players, which we’ll discuss in more detail throughout the page.
Recommended Filipino AstroPay Casinos
What Is AstroPay?
Founded in 2009, AstroPay is a prepaid payment system that allows users to make online purchases via the most effective payment methods in local currency. It’s most commonly used in Latin America but has gained huge popularity in other regions, including the Philippines.
With AstroPay, you can make online payments without having to disclose your personal and financial information with third parties on gambling sites, making it perfectly safe and secure. Since it’s a prepaid card, it has to be preloaded with cash before depositing on casino sites, although it doesn’t have to be a lump sum payment — you don’t have to use the whole amount in one transaction.
The cards come in various denominations, ranging from $20-500 (or currency equivalent). The default validity period is 12 months, although the card is easily renewed.
How to Make Deposits in AstroPay Casinos
Before using AstroPay for depositing in Filipino casino sites, you need to order your prepaid card and top it up with funds. It sounds more time-consuming than it actually is; the entire process takes only a few minutes.
- Go to the AstroPay official website and register (you can also do it via the provider’s app available in App Store and Google Play).
- Purchase the AstroPay card (you can do it in peso) via bank wire transfer, Neteller, or some other payment method of your choosing.
- Subsequently, you’ll receive an email with your card data — CVV code and card number.
- Go to an online casino that accepts players from the Philippines and supports AstroPay.
- Register and go to the deposit lobby.
- Select AstroPay and input your card’s code.
- Confirm the payment.
- The funds will reach your casino account within seconds.
How to Withdraw in Filipino Online Casinos via AstroPay
Unfortunately, it’s still not possible to use AstroPay for casino withdrawals. This shouldn’t be an issue since most Filipino online casinos will offer many alternatives, including e-wallets, bank wire, and maybe even some cryptocurrencies.
Advantages of Using AstroPay
There’s plenty to like about AstroPay, though the payment method is not without drawbacks, too. Let’s go over the pros first:
- Enhanced security — AstroPay allows casino players to fund their accounts without having to disclose any banking information. Even if someone accesses your AstroPay account or steals your card, they cannot take cash from your bank account since the service isn’t connected to any external monetary accounts.
- Ease of use — Using AstroPay for casino deposits is super easy. You can set up an account and order your card online and then fund your casino account the same way you do with a standard debit or credit card.
- No fees — AstroPay doesn’t incur any maintenance fees instead of traditional banking methods like credit and debit cards. There are no hidden charges of any kind, which makes AstroPay one of the most cost-effective payment methods in Filipino online casinos.
Disadvantages of Using AstroPay
We’d also like to point out a few weaknesses of AstroPay:
- No withdrawal option — Much like other prepaid providers, AstroPay is a deposit-only payment method. So, if you’re planning to use it in casino sites, make sure to have a spare payment option in mind, one you can use to cash out your winnings.
- Not high roller-friendly — The maximum amount you can deposit on your AstroPay card is around ₱25,300, which won’t cut it for most high rollers. It’s possible to purchase multiple cards, but still, there are far more convenient payment options for high-stakes players.
Available Games in AstroPay Casinos
The number of games in AstroPay casinos is circumstantial and depends on the chosen method. Typically, most sites offer a wide range of slots from various providers like Betsoft, Real Time Gaming, and Rival, to name a few. You’ll also likely find a solid selection of video poker games and casino classics like baccarat, blackjack, and roulette. Live dealer games are optional and aren’t offered on all casino sites that accept Filipino players.
AstroPay Casinos Bonuses and Promotions
At most AstroPay casinos, you’ll receive a king-sized intro offer, which often includes a massive match deposit bonus and a free spins package for premium slots. No deposit bonuses are also a common sight, allowing you to get some free cash merely for creating an account with the casino. Existing players will be able to take advantage of numerous ongoing promos that can come in the form of free spins, reload bonuses, rebates, refer-a-friend deals, and more.
AstroPay Mobile Casinos
AstroPay payment system is fully optimized for iOS and Android mobile devices. You can access your virtual card on the go via AstroPay standalone apps, which are available in the respective stores. Therefore, you don’t even need a laptop or PC to play in AstroPay casinos — you can make money transfers and play via your mobile browser.
Key advantages of AstroPay are anonymity and convenience, both of which bode well for Filipino casino players of all tastes. It’s a much more secure option than conventional credit and debit cards and is just as efficient. A fly in the ointment is the fact that the service is only available for deposits. All in all, it’s safe to say that the pros far outweigh the cons.