Are you interested in trying live dealer baccarat? Or perhaps you’ve played it already and are looking to learn more about it and find the best sites where you can enjoy this fun casino game?
Whatever the case may be, know that you are in the right place. In this piece, we’ll cover all you need to know about live dealer baccarat games — from how to play them to some advanced tips and strategies to help you win more money.
So, let’s stop wasting our time and jump right in!
Recommended Casinos for Live Baccarat
|1||Vegas Casino Online|
400% up to $10,000Welcome Bonus
250% up to $2,500Welcome Bonus
100% up to $3,000Welcome Bonus
|4||Slots Plus Casino|
200% up to $7,000Welcome Bonus
|5||Las Vegas USA|
400% up to $10,000Welcome Bonus
How to Play Live Dealer Baccarat
If you already know how to play baccarat, then you won’t have any issues with its live dealer version, as it is practically the same. The only difference is that there is a real human dealer, and the interface contains a live chat through which you can communicate with other people involved in the game.
This is true for all types of baccarat games, as they feature the same rules more or less, so knowing one is knowing them all.
However, those of you who haven’t played any baccarat games in the past should keep reading this section. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to begin playing live dealer baccarat:
- Choose a great casino with live baccarat games and sign up for an account.
- Deposit the amount of money you wish to play with, or use a higher amount if you want to play more later on. You can also look into claiming the welcome bonus, as that’s a great way to have more money to play with.
- Choose the variation of live dealer baccarat you want to play.
- Once the game begins, the dealer will deal two hands with two cards each. One is for the player, the other for the banker.
- However, before the cards are actually dealt, you’ll get a chance to place a bet. You can bet on the banker winning, the player winning, or on a tie.
- After the bets have been placed, the dealer will reveal both the banker’s and the player’s cards. Since the hand closest to nine wins, whoever placed a bet on that hand will win.
As you can see, the game is incredibly simple, but there are few more things you need to know.
The most important are the card values, which are as follows:
- Ace is worth 1 point.
- Cards 2–9 have their face value.
- Jack, Queen, King, and 10 are each worth 0.
If the combined value of two or more cards is in double digits, the first digit is simply removed. For example, if a position has a nine and a six, the total value is not 15 but 5.
A position can have a maximum of three cards.
Side Bets in Live Dealer Baccarat
For many players, the biggest appeal of live baccarat are the side bets. There are many of them, but the ones you get to place will depend on the game you choose and its software provider. Let’s take a look at some of the most common bets you’ll find:
- Big/small — Bet on the total number of cards on the table. Small is for four cards, big for five or six cards.
- Super six — This bet offers insurance that you will get a regular payout if the banker’s hand wins with six points.
- Pairs — Bet on the first two cards in a hand (banker’s or player’s) being the same number.
- Perfect pairs — Bet on the first two cards in a hand being the same number and the same suit.
- Dragon bonus — This side bet allows you to win more based on how higher the winning hand is when compared to the losing hand.
Benefits of Playing Live Dealer Baccarat
Baccarat is one of the most popular casino games, and we can safely say that it’s one of the most exciting ones. This popularity mostly stems from how advantageous it is, especially when compared to other card games.
Let’s take a look at these crucial benefits of playing live dealer baccarat, so you can gain a better sense of why you should start playing it:
If you love convenience, you’ll love live dealer baccarat, as you’ll get the real brick-and-mortar casino experience while sitting on your sofa. This convenience is crucial since most people want to play live baccarat precisely because of how great of a substitute for the real thing it is.
- Beautiful real dealers
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder — that much is true. However, there’s no denying that baccarat dealers are always beautiful ladies with whom you can interact. So, there will be no more playing table games without uttering a single word. What’s more, you’ll often get a chance to pick the dealer as well, as there are so many games and so many dealers on most live dealer baccarat sites.
- No rigged games
If you often find yourself worrying about rigged casino games, you should know that there’s basically no chance for a casino to meddle with live dealer baccarat outcomes — or any other live dealer game, for that matter. If you choose to play on a recommended and reputable site, then there’s no reason to worry about any game it offers.
Types of Live Dealer Baccarat
As we’ve mentioned previously, there are several types or variations of live dealer baccarat. Here’s what you need to know about them:
- Single Player Baccarat — This is the most basic form of baccarat and the one you’ll find in almost every online casino that offers this card game. This is the recommended variation for beginners.
- Baccarat Squeeze — The rules are the same as in the standard version, but the excitement is much higher. This is only because the dealers take time to reveal cards, and there are specific rituals that make the whole game more attractive.
- Multi-Seat Baccarat — This variation offers multiple positions at the table, hence the name. As a player, you’ll get the chance to play more than one hand per round, which further increases the amount you can win.
- Progressive Baccarat — The rules here are the same, but the game features a progressive jackpot which anyone can win at any time. To get the jackpot, you have to make a side bet.
- Speed Baccarat — This variation is the same as the standard version, with the only difference being that the game progresses faster. It’s recommended only for advanced players.
- Mini Baccarat — This is the stripped-down version of regular baccarat. The table is smaller, and the bets are lower, but the rules are still the same.
- Punto Banco — This is one of the most popular versions of the standard game, and it’s played with six or eight card decks.
Best Software Providers of Live Dealer Baccarat
As you can expect, due to the popularity of the game, a lot of different software providers have created their own versions. Here are some of the top developers with the best baccarat games you need to try:
- Evolution Gaming
- Pragmatic Play
- Lucky Streak
Tips for Winning at Live Dealer Baccarat
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the game, there aren’t many strategies you can employ. The game is very simple, which doesn’t give you much leeway regarding what you can do except placing a bet. However, there are still a few tips we can give you:
- Avoid making a tie bet, as the chances of a tie occurring are incredibly small.
- Avoid making side bets if you want to increase your chances of winning. The probability of winning a side bet is very small, which is precisely why the payout is incredibly high. However, if you are prepared to risk it, then go ahead, as the chances of winning are certainly there, even though they are slim.
- Make sure you’re playing no commission baccarat. Some casinos charge a 5% commission fee, and there’s no reason to pay it if there are great casinos that charge nothing for live baccarat.
- Remember that betting on a banker position is slightly better, as the house edge on it is 1.06%, whereas the player’s position carries a 1.24% house edge. It may be a small difference, but it’s still worth knowing it exists. A tie bet has a house edge of 14.36%, which is why we’ve said you need to avoid this bet in the first place.
Is live baccarat rigged?
Just like all other games that come from prominent software providers and are featured on reputable sites, there’s no way for it to be rigged. Regular baccarat games use Random Number Generator to ensure the outcomes are completely random, while live baccarat happens right in front of the players, so there’s no reason to worry about the game being rigged.
What is the best live dealer baccarat casino?
There are several, and we always make sure to recommend them in our guides so that you know exactly where you can find the best live baccarat experience.
Can I play live baccarat for free?
It depends on the casino, as some casinos let players test the games for free, while others don’t. Thankfully, most casinos allow it, but you’ll still have to register first.
Can I play live dealer baccarat on my phone or tablet?
Unfortunately, this is not always the case, as baccarat’s popularity is not as big as the popularity of slots. However, you’ll still run into many sites that offer live dealer baccarat games on mobile.