Dogecoin is arguably the most interesting cryptocurrency available as a payment option on the Filipino online casino scene. It started off as a joke, yet it somehow took the internet by storm. Due to its ever-growing popularity and the fact that it’s 10 times faster than Bitcoin, more and more online gambling operators have started allowing Dogecoin as a payment method.
If you’re new to the world of cryptocurrencies and you want to know more about Dogecoin casinos, this page will keep you up to date and show you how to utilize this exciting payment method for online gambling purposes.
Recommended Filipino Dogecoin Casinos
What Is Dogecoin?
Dogecoin is a peer-to-peer (P2P) decentralized cryptocurrency powered by blockchain technology. This technology represents a digital ledger used for storing cryptocurrency transactions, including Bitcoin and Ethereum.
However, Dogecoin differs from the two altcoins mentioned above because it started off as a parody of them. It was created by Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer in 2013. The two decided to base this digital currency on Doge, the popular internet meme featuring a lovable Shiba Inu dog. The fact it was inspired by a meme tricked many people into not taking it seriously. Much to their surprise, in 2021, Dogecoin became one of the five largest cryptocurrencies in the world by market cap. The fact it’s faster and cheaper than both Bitcoin and Ethereum has certainly contributed to its rise, but the main reason for its popularity is a host of interesting trivia surrounding it.
Namely, Elon Musk, the second richest man in the world, is a vocal supporter of this altcoin. Apart from promoting it on his Twitter account, Musk has announced that SpaceX will launch a mission to the moon completely funded by Dogecoin, thus making it the first cryptocurrency to finance a space expedition.
Another piece of trivia about this cryptocurrency is the fact that the Dallas Mavericks, an NBA team, allows its fans to purchase their tickets and products using Dogecoin. This altcoin also used to sponsor a NASCAR driver and is a shirt sponsor for Watford, an English Premier League soccer club.
Now, let’s cut to the chase and show you how to use this amusing, quirky payment method.
How to Withdraw in Dogecoin Casinos
Due to its newbie-friendliness, learning to use Dogecoin in online casinos is a piece of cake. You just need to follow these simple steps:
- Purchase Dogecoin — Firstly, you need to buy your coins with fiat currency. You can do this by creating an account at a cryptocurrency exchange that supports Dogecoin. There are a few options in the Philippines, and some of them allow buying coins with the Philippine peso.
- Download a Dogecoin wallet — There are a lot of Dogecoin wallets on the internet, but some of them are shady, so we advise you to visit this cryptocurrency’s official homepage. Go to www.dogecoin.com, and scroll down to the Choose Your Wallet section. You can pick between Multi Doge or Dogecoin Core. We recommend the first option since its transaction processing time is faster. Download and install your Multi Doge wallet.
- Send the coins to your Multi Doge wallet — Once you’ve installed your wallet, you’ll get an exclusive address for sending and receiving coins. Send the Dogecoin you’ve purchased to your Multi Doge wallet address.
- Go to a Dogecoin casino — Find a Filipino online casino that supports Dogecoin as a payment method. There are a few Filipino-friendly gambling sites that accept this altcoin. You can read more about them on our list of the best Filipino Dogecoin casinos.
- Visit the cashier — Go to the deposit page and select Dogecoin as a payment option. Type in the address of your Multi Doge wallet and the amount you want to play with. Then, log in to your wallet and confirm the payment. Now you’re all set to gamble using Dogecoin!
How to Withdraw in Filipino Dogecoin Casinos
Since you’ve already set up your Dogecoin wallet and funded your online casino account, now you just need to do the opposite of depositing. Namely:
- Log in to your casino account and go to the cashier.
- Hit the Withdraw tab and select Dogecoin.
- Type in the amount you want to cash out and enter your Multi Doge wallet address.
- Confirm the payout request.
- Your winnings will appear in your wallet almost instantly.
Advantages of Using Dogecoin
Although this altcoin started as a meme, the advantages it offers are pretty serious. Let’s take a look at some of the pros of Dogecoin :
- Privacy — A lot of people choose Dogecoin over Bitcoin because of its anonymity. The only thing required for sending and receiving payments is your randomly generated Doge wallet address. This ensures none of your personal information is compromised.
- Speed — Compared to some of the most popular cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, Dogecoin is a lot faster when it comes to processing transactions. Using Doge allows players to withdraw their winnings within minutes.
- User-friendliness — Setting up a Doge wallet and transferring funds is a simple task, which is why many newbies are attracted to it. On top of that, the community of Doge users is quirky and welcoming, and it partakes in huge charity actions. They don’t call this altcoin “the crypto of the people” for no reason.
- Lack of fees — When it comes to transaction fees, using cryptos is a far better option compared to fiat currencies and other payment methods. With Dogecoin, the fee averages a negligible amount of $0.24.
Disadvantages of Using Dogecoin
The main disadvantage of Dogecoin is its volatility. The fact its value can skyrocket or reach new lows depending on a single tweet by Elon Musk speaks volumes. Using this cryptocurrency may be a gamble in itself. However, the creators of Dogecoin are doing their best to make it more stable, so its future seems bright.
Available Games in Dogecoin Casinos
The game variety offered in Dogecoin casinos depends on the operator. Many gambling sites are up to date and have the same game selection as if you were using a fiat currency, whereas some of them are a bit rusty, offering only a few playing options.
In any case, this shouldn’t worry you because the majority of online casinos provide the most popular categories such as blackjack, roulette, video slots, classic slots, table games, and video poker. Many sites have live dealer games as well.
Dogecoin Casinos Bonuses and Promotions
Every Dogecoin casino offers amazing welcome packages, and the same applies to Filipino-friendly gambling sites. The welcome offers usually consist of a lush match deposit bonus coupled with free spins that can be used on slot games.
As in any online casino, Dogecoin gambling sites feature weekly promotions, reloads, VIP programs, and much more.If you want to snatch these lucrative bonuses, make sure to check the wagering requirements and rules laid out in the Terms and Conditions section.
Dogecoin Mobile Casinos
Most Dogecoin wallets have developed mobile apps for Android and iOS devices, which means you can send and receive money while being on the go. Given the mobile compatibility of all Dogecoin casinos, you’ll get to play your favorite games wherever you want and withdraw your winnings in an instant.
Dogecoin is becoming widespread for a reason. It’s fast, cheap, and anonymous, so we can safely say that the most sought out traits by crypto users are all there. Its creators are slowly transforming its volatility into stability, even though this con has already been outweighed by the pros mentioned above. This cryptocurrency is on the rise, so using it as a payment method in online casinos seems like a good idea.