Contactless payment methods have been picking up steam for a while now. The interest in them has always been there, but the pandemic has brought it to another level. According to financiers around the world, this is just the start, as there’s a cashless future ahead of us.
Thanks to the new conditions, digital payment providers have been thriving all around the globe, including the Philippines. Still, even though Pinoys have been spoilt for choice, all of them have quickly realized some of these options are better than others.
Moreover, when it comes to the gambling industry, there are certain features of payment methods that are valued more than others. This only narrows our candidate pool further.
Today we’ll be discussing a payment method that has made the final cut — a gem of e-commerce, ecoPayz. By sharing its features, pros and cons, and the benefits it offers to casino players, we’ll help you come to your own conclusions about this payment option.
Recommended Filipino ecoPayz Casinos
What Is ecoPayz?
ecoPayz is a London-based company originally founded in 2000 under the name ecoCard. The company is owned by PSI-Pay Ltd and supervised by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and the EU directive.
It works as a payment provider that offers end-to-end, account, and card-based payment solutions to individuals and businesses around the world. It’s part of the digital financial scene in 159 countries and works with 45 different currencies.
For casino players, ecoPayz represents a safe option that allows them to make online payments and receive funds without sharing their personal and financial data with third parties. Gamblers can also benefit from its offer of virtual and debit card payment options. Plus, both the website and the app are easy to use.
How To Use ecoPayz in Online Casinos?
If you can’t wrap your head around ecoPayz and how you should use it for casino payments, check out our guide below:
- Create your ecoAccount — Go to ecoPayz via your browser and click on the Sign Up button located at the top right part of the page. You’ll be asked to choose a username and fill in the following information: e-mail address, password, country of residence, the currency you want to operate with, first and last name, birthdate, address, postal code, mobile phone number, and source of funds.
- Verify your ecoAccount — This step is important if you want to withdraw your winnings. Namely, unverified (classic) ecoAccounts have a total lifetime account balance limit of €2.500 (approximately 145,000 PHP). If you want to change this, you’ll need to verify your account and, in that way, upgrade it to the second — Silver — level out of the five that ecoPayz offers. To complete this process, you’ll need to log in to your account, select the Upgrade for Free option, and then hit the Verify Your Identity tab. You’ll need to provide proof of your identity (a copy of your ID card, passport, or driver’s license), proof of address, and a photo of yourself.
- Deposit funds into your ecoAccount — Go to the deposit page and choose your preferred funding method. ecoPayz accepts a few — credit/debit cards, international bank transfers, and local deposit options.
- Transfer funds from your ecoAccount to an online casino — Choose a casino that’s Filipino-friendly and has ecoPayz listed among its banking options. Then, go to that casino’s cashier page, choose ecoPayz as your preferred payment method, and type in the amount you’d like to deposit. It should not take much for the funds to appear on your casino account balance. Once they do, you’ll be able to play.
- Withdraw funds from ecoPayz casinos to your ecoAccount — Go to the cashier page of the online casino of your choice, hit the Withdrawal tab, select ecoPayz, and enter the amount you’d like to transfer. Bear in mind that casinos have a minimum withdrawal amount.
Advantages of Using ecoPayz
Now that we’ve gone over the basics, it’s time to discuss the peaks and valleys of ecoPayz for Filipino gamblers. Starting with the positives, this is what you can look forward to:
- Safety — ecoPayz uses high-tier data security and encryption protocols in compliance with PSI (Payment Card Industry) and DSS (Data Security Standards). Moreover, the site is certified by the Thawte Certification Authority and authorized and regulated by financial market regulators, so you can be certain your money and personal information are safe.
- Anonymity — As we have mentioned, ecoPayz doesn’t disclose your personal or financial information to third parties. As a casino player, you can make as many deposits or withdrawals as you like, knowing your transactions are completely anonymous.
- Ease of use — Setting up and managing an ecoPayz account is an easy task that comes at no cost. In addition, the site has an excellent FAQ page, where you might find answers and solutions to some of your burning questions or issues. However, if this page doesn’t provide the help you require, you can always turn to ecoPayz’s efficient customer support. The agents are available 24/7 and always ready to give you a hand.
- Availability — ecoPayz’s users can have their own prepaid ecoCard and ecoVirtualcard that are connected to their ecoAccount. Since the company is affiliated with Mastercard, you can preload these cards with funds from your ecoAccount and use them in all casinos that accept Mastercard.
Disadvantages of Using ecoPayz
As we have mentioned, this platform has a 5-level-ladder account upgrade system. Its users can climb it by verifying their account, sending money, and receiving it through ecoPayz over time. This process is not short at all — it includes a lot of steps and can be really tiresome. Nevertheless, it’s necessary. Without it, your options are restricted, and your fees and limits are affected.
Games Available at ecoPayz Casinos
ecoPayz casinos host a good selection of games that are bound to catch a Filipino player’s eye. You should be able to find plenty of different slots — from classic titles to more niche options. These operators’ lobbies tend to feature a fair share of poker, baccarat, roulette, blackjack, and other casino classics, too. Some of them might also offer live dealer games for those Pinoys who like to enjoy a more immersive casino gaming experience without leaving the comfort of their sofa.
ecoPayz Casino Bonuses
Bonuses are a great way in which Filipinos, just like any other gamblers, can make some risk-free profits. That’s why casinos’ promo pages always carry a lot of weight — they can be what seals the deal.
When it comes to ecoPayz operators, the offer will differ depending on the casino, but you should be able to find enough to spark your interest. Filipino ecoPayz gambling sites will typically welcome you with a solid match deposit bonus package that can bring you both cash and free spins. Regular players can count on numerous different promos as well — from reloads and cashbacks to referrals and loyalty bonuses.
ecoPayz Mobile Casinos
ecoPayz was one of the first payment providers to launch a native app. It did that back in 2009. Today, the app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Play Store. Since ecoPayz casinos tend to be mobile-optimized, you’ll be able to make transfers and gamble no matter where you are.
Filipino players who are looking for a payment method that’s easy to use and available in a lot of casinos will like what ecoPayz has to offer. Its safe and anonymous transactions, as well as its two decades of experience, earn it some bonus points with the customers.
The question that arises is whether these kinds of benefits are enough to make you satisfied? If it is so, you may be willing to turn a blind eye to the lengthy account upgrade system and choose ecoPayz over all other options.