What started as a payment method for hailing taxi rides and paying for food delivery grew into one of the biggest e-wallets in Southeast Asia. That’s the story of GrabPay, an e-wallet that has become not only the premium cashless means of everyday payments throughout the Philippines but also a go-to casino payment method for Filipino players.
GrabPay supports fast, fee-free, and completely secure payments to dozens of premium gaming operators so that you can make seamless deposits and withdrawals.
If you are looking for more intel on how to use GrabPay in Filipino online casinos and its advantages and disadvantages, you are at the right place.
Top GrabPay Casinos
100% up to 7,000 PHP
What Is GrabPay?
GrabPay started as a ridesharing service, much like Uber, back in 2012 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. However, over the years, it has grown into a digital payment system that combines a collection of cashless payment methods under a single app that gives you great control of your money.
GrabPay allows millions of its users in the Philippines to hail taxi rides, send money to their friends and family, pay bills, buy food, pay at thousands of retailers across the country and the world, and do so much more.
The strength of GrabPay lies in the fact that all transactions are done via a native mobile app. This makes it a perfect solution for Filipino players who enjoy wagering on the go. All your transactions are available at the tip of your fingers.
How to Make Deposits in GrabPay Casinos
It will take you less than five minutes to set up your GrabPay account and start using it. Here are the steps you need to take to start playing in GrabPay online casinos:
- Sign up for GrabPay — The first thing is to download your GrabPay mobile app directly from Google Play Store (for Android devices) or AppStore (for iOS-powered devices). Then, open the app, navigate to the bottom of the home screen, then click on the blue “Activate your GrabPay Wallet” button. Then, enter your name, date of birth, nationality, ID number, address, and other personal details. GrabPay is licensed and regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, so make sure to have at least one of these IDs at hand when registering: Passport, TIN ID, NBI Clearance, UMID, Driver’s License, SSS ID, Voter’s ID, or Postal ID. That’s it. You have now unlocked your basic GrabPay account.
- Upgrade to a Premium account — After providing proof of a Philippines address and a source of income, you’ll be put on a video call with a company representative. This is required to unlock the GrabPay Premium account and enjoy higher spending limits and all other features of GrabPay, including a prepaid GrabPay Mastercard once it becomes available in the country. Finally, create a unique 6-digit Grab PIN so that you can quickly authorize transactions larger than ₱1,000.
- Top up your GrabPay account — There are many ways of sending funds to your GrabPay. You can use online banking methods of many Filipino banks that support the method, such as BDO, PSBank, Metrobank, Union Bank, and others. You can also use instant cash-ins through your credit and debit cards or your BPI online account.
- Choose a GrabPay casino — Make sure to go through our list of casinos that support GrabPay and Filipino players so that you can take full advantage of the method.
- At the Cashier, select GrabPay from the list of methods and input the amount you wish to deposit.
- Enter the mobile number registered with the GrabPay app.
- When prompted, input the six-digit verification code sent to your mobile phone number.
- Confirm the transaction.
- Start playing!
Advantages of Using GrabPay
There are many upsides to using GrabPay to fund your online casino account, going way beyond its convenience. Here are the payment method’s greatest strengths:
- It is safe and regulated — GrabPay is an e-wallet regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, which means its legality and safety are unquestionable. What’s more, you can count on your PIN code and special verification codes the provider sends to your device each time you make a payment to help safeguard your GrabPay account.
- The transactions are instant — All casino transactions done via GrabPay are processed almost instantly.
- There are no fees — GrabPay does not charge you for the transactions you make. Instead, it charges the casinos. With that in mind, be sure to check if your chosen casino imposes any deposit fees before making the actual payment.
- You can claim casino bonuses using GrabPay — GrabPay is a deposit method that allows you to claim welcome and other casino bonuses without any restrictions.
Downsides to Using GrabPay
GrabPay is not without its flaws. For starters, Filipino players still can’t use the prepaid Mastercard from GrabPay. Also, withdrawals using GrabPay are not available in all GrabPay online casinos, only deposits.
GrabPay Casinos Bonuses and Promotions
GrabPay online casinos do not shy away from rewarding their players. If you are new to these platforms, you can expect to see massive deposit match bonuses worth thousands of pesos. The best thing about these deposit deals is that they can be unlocked using GrabPay, unlike other e-wallets such as Skrill or Neteller in some instances.
The bonus offers in GrabPay casinos are very diverse. You can expect to see free spins, cashbacks, reload bonuses, loyalty schemes, and many others. Remember, the more you play, the better the perks you can claim.
GrabPay Mobile Casinos
GrabPay is a perfect option for players who enjoy wagering on the road. It is a mobile-first payment method with a perfectly optimized proprietary app for all types of Android and iOS devices. That said, it is easy to see why mobile casinos gladly partner with GrabPay and become GrabPay mobile casinos.
Filipino casino players are pampered with a great selection of online payment methods. One of the most convenient and user-friendly methods is certainly GrabPay. It is characterized by almost instant deposits, no fees, and a native app that works seamlessly on all devices.
It also allows Filipino players to top up their GrabPay accounts using online banking systems, credit/debit cards, and other cash-in methods. Finally, by using GrabPay, you won’t have to disclose your banking details to casinos, which adds an extra layer of security to your transactions.