There are plenty of e-wallet options out there, but Paypal might be among the most popular ones globally. Moreover, it’s available in the majority of online casinos that accept Filipino players. Its good reputation, years in the business, transaction speed, and low fees often make it a preferred method of payment, as these features give it an advantage over its competition.
In this review, we’ll help you find out whether Paypal is the payment method you should use by going into how it works, what it offers, and what its pros and cons are.
Recommended Filipino PayPal Casinos
100% up to 7,000 PHPWelcome Bonus
What Is Paypal and How Does It Work?
PayPal is one of the leading platforms in the field of e-commerce. Established in 1998 in San Jose, California, it prides itself on providing online payment solutions to more than 320 million users worldwide. Its authorization comes from the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) — a financial regulator based in Luxembourg.
Besides shopping, PayPal allows its customers to both receive and send money in an easy and secure way. You can use its services through your bank accounts, credit cards, account balances, or PayPal Smart Connect. PayPal’s great advantage is its availability in a number of languages and 25 different currencies in any of the 202 countries it provides services in, including the Philippines.
Pros and Cons of Using PayPal in Online Casinos
Having gone through the basics, the next step is to look at what the upsides and downsides of using PayPal are so that you can compare the two and make your own decision.
- User-friendliness: PayPal is a very straightforward and easy-to-use platform. You can register with an email address and some basic information, link your card or bank account to it, and transfer your money in no more than a few clicks.
- Safety: PayPal uses high-level encryption technology (SSL) for all its transactions to ensure your funds are secure. Even its employees see only a limited amount of information about the customers.
- Low fees: PayPal charges a small fee and a percentage of the transaction. For Filipino users, goods and services are charged 3.9% + a fixed 15.00 PHP fee.
- Mobile-optimization: PayPal can be used not only on desktop but also on other devices through its free mobile application. The app allows you to send or withdraw money no matter where you are.
- Transaction speed: PayPal allows you to either deposit or withdraw your funds in a matter of minutes, which is not something a lot of e-wallets can brag about. Additionally, its Filipino users have the option to receive money in PHP.
- Number of banks: Unfortunately, not all banks in the Philippines are accredited by PayPal. Make sure yours is on this list before you try to link your account or card to this e-wallet.
- Scams: PayPal has many users and is so well-known globally, which is why it comes as no surprise that its clients are sometimes contacted by scammers pretending to work for the company. This means you have to be wary of any suspicious-looking emails or online messages.
- Frozen accounts: If PayPal’s security system detects suspicious activity on a customer’s account, it freezes it and prevents the customer from accessing the funds. However, the system is known to do this sometimes by mistake as well, which is where problems arise.
- Number of casinos: There are some casinos that do not accept PayPal as a payment method — or Filipino players, for that matter, although this is less common.
How to Use PayPal in Online Casinos?
Setting up your PayPal account is pretty easy. To sign up, you’ll need to provide an active email address and your personal information, link your bank account/card to PayPal, and verify the information. The details you share (your name, address, date of birth, ID number, etc.) should match the information on your ID and bank account/s.
After you have done this, you can move on to the online casino’s site:
- Firstly, make sure the casino you’ve chosen to play in has PayPal among its possible payment options. This information is usually found on its payment methods/cashier page.
- Find and select PayPal among the payment methods.
- Enter how much you would like to deposit. Pay attention to the deposit requirements that the online casino you are using imposes.
- The money should appear in your casino account a couple of minutes after you have confirmed the transfer.
- Enjoy playing!
PayPal Bonuses and Promotions
Online casinos offer a variety of bonuses and promotions. However, whether you get these can depend on the payment method you are using. Due to PayPal’s long-standing good reputation and popularity, most casinos will deliver on their promises if you use this e-wallet as your preferred method of payment. You can even find online casinos that offer special welcome bonuses or no-deposit bonuses to players who use PayPal specifically for their first deposit.
Nevertheless, make sure to check the terms and conditions of the casino you’ve opted for to confirm that using PayPal won’t exempt you from any incentives you were looking forward to.
PayPal Casino Games
Apart from the mentioned bonuses and promotions, a good selection of games is what attracts players to an online casino. Going through a PayPal casino’s game page is a must, and here’s what you’ll most likely find there:
- Slots: PayPal casinos offer traditional fruit slot machines, 5-reel video slots, and jackpot slots.
- Table games: PayPal casinos provide an excellent array of table games, from popular blackjack and roulette titles to craps, poker, Dragon Tiger, and baccarat.
- Live dealer games: Those among you who enjoy playing poker, roulette, blackjack, or craps in real-time will be happy to hear that a lot of PayPal casinos present their players with a number of live table games led by professional dealers.
PayPal Mobile Casinos
As we have said before, PayPal has a mobile application that enables its users to have access to their funds anywhere and at any time.
While there are PayPal casinos that don’t have their own mobile apps, players can still use their mobile browser to enter these websites and log in to their accounts. This option lets PayPal casino customers play and enjoy themselves whenever and wherever they wish to do so.
PayPal Casinos Customer Support
In case its users come across any problems or end up needing help, PayPal casinos have customer support. Even though it depends on the casino in question, generally speaking, all PayPal casino players can find help via:
- Live chat
Besides these three options, there is another section where players can find answers or help on the casino’s website — the FAQ page.
PayPal is one of the largest and most well-known global payment systems. Since it has been in the business for quite a while, PayPal is a pretty common payment method in the world of online casinos.
In addition, its user-friendly software, low fees, good security, available mobile app, and other useful features make it a good and safe choice. As a result, it’s no wonder studies have placed it among the top payment solution providers in the Philippines.
As long as you’re wary, you should not experience the negative aspects we’ve mentioned above. Just make sure that your preferred online casino has PayPal on the list of its payment methods and that your bank is accredited by PayPal, and you’ll be all set!