The iGaming industry is flourishing in the Philippines. New players flock to gambling sites on a daily basis, attracted by enticing welcome packages and the variety of games. Given the rising interest in online casinos, an increasing number of people want to learn all there is to know about this topic.
So, let’s start with the basics. Availability of payment methods is one of the first things you should address when choosing an online casino. Since playing for real money requires you to fund your account, you’ll want to inform yourself about the best deposit options.
Today, we’re going to talk about one of the best choices for depositing in Filipino online casinos — Paysafecard. Read on if you want to learn more about this payment method and how to use it when playing on gambling sites.
Best Filipino Exmo Casinos
What Is Paysafecard?
Paysafecard is an online payment method offering prepaid services. The company launched in 2000 in Austria. By 2011, it became so successful that it was able to absorb its former rival, Dutch Wallie. In 2013, Paysafecard was acquired by an even bigger payment industry competitor, Skrill, and it merged with the British Ukash. Subsequently, Skrill was bought by the Paysafe Group in 2015. Paysafe Group currently owns the three top dogs in the online payment business — Paysafecard, Skrill, and Neteller. So, now that you know all about the company’s modus operandi, let’s see what it has to offer.
Paysafecard operates with prepaid vouchers featuring 16-digit PIN codes. You can buy a voucher in a local store or online. If you obtain it in a land-based shop, you’ll get a physical printout of the code, and if you do so on the web, you’ll get it in digital form. Once you’ve bought the voucher, you can make purchases on the internet just by entering the specific PIN code you got. These prepaid cards aren’t linked to your bank account or any other personal information, so your private data remains secure when using this payment option. As you can see, this company has the word safe in its brand name for a reason.
Paysafe cards are available in currency denominations within the 10–100 range. You can buy them using the Philippine peso, but you’ll get the equivalent of one of its supported currencies — the American dollar, euro, British pound sterling, Australian dollar, or other available options. Although the vouchers aren’t in PHP, you can still use them for online purchases in the Philippines. What’s most important for iGaming enthusiasts — Paysafecard is a widely-accepted payment method in Filipino online casinos. So, let’s explain how to use it for playing on gambling sites.
How to Make Deposits in Paysafecard Casinos
A growing number of Filipino iGaming platforms have started accepting Paysafecard vouchers. This banking option is characterized by its safety and simplicity, so it’s no wonder so many casinos allow it.
However, since it isn’t a traditional payment method, most players don’t know much about it. If you’re one of them, don’t worry — with our step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to make deposits with Paysafecard in no time. Just do the following:
- Buy a Paysafecard voucher — Purchase your voucher in a local shop or an online store that sells Paysafe cards. The prepaid cards are mostly available in American dollars, so make sure to check for the PHP currency equivalent. Once you do this, you’ll get the 16-digit code of your card. Also, bear in mind that the vouchers are only available in the following amounts — 10, 20, 50, 75, 100. So, if you want to deposit more than $100, you’ll have to buy more vouchers and enter the corresponding PIN codes one at a time.
- Sign up for a Paysafecard casino — There are plenty of options out there, so we recommend that you check our list of best Filipino Paysafecard online casinos to find out which one suits your preferences the most. The casino sign-up process always requires entering some personal information, such as your e-mail, first and last name, city of residence, address, phone number, postal code, etc.
- Choose Paysafecard as the deposit method — Once you’ve registered in a Paysafecard casino, visit its cashier page. There, you’ll see a list of available payment methods. Find Paysafecard, and select it. Enter the 16-digit PIN code you obtained upon buying your voucher. Now you’re all set to play your favorite games.
How to Withdraw in Filipino Online Casinos via Paysafecard
Unfortunately, withdrawing with Paysafecard isn’t possible in the Philippines since Filipino residents can’t open an account on its website. However, this doesn’t mean your winnings are stuck on your casino account balance. Here’s what you should do if you want to withdraw:
- Log in to your casino account and visit the cashier page.
- Select the Withdraw option and choose a payment method available for withdrawing. If you’re not familiar with any of the payment options listed, you can simply go for the good old bank transfer.
- Choose the amount you want to withdraw and enter your bank account number (or the details of the banking method you chose).
- Confirm the withdrawal request.
- Wait for the pending period to pass (it typically lasts 24-48 hours, depending on the casino). After the pending time expires, you have to linger on some more until the money reaches your balance. Depending on the payment method, this can last from 15–20 minutes for e-wallets to 3–5 business days for bank transfers.
Advantages of Using Paysafecard
Paysafecard wouldn’t be so long-lasting if it didn’t offer many advantages. So, let’s name a few of its positive traits:
- Privacy and Safety — Paysafecard is separated from your bank account, and it doesn’t require your personal information. Aside from the voucher’s 16-digit PIN code, you don’t need to disclose any details while using it.
- Speed — The money will reach your casino account balance as soon as you enter your Paysafe card code. Apart from its security, the swiftness of this banking method is the reason why many players opt for it.
- Fee-free — Depositing with Paysafecard doesn’t include any additional charges. However, if you want to use your vouchers in online shops supported by PHP, a 2% fee will apply.
Disadvantages of Using Paysafecard
Withdrawal with Paysafecard isn’t an available option for Filipino customers. This is the main con of this payment method. When players deposit with Paysafecard and win, they’re forced to withdraw with other methods. Because of this, many players cash out their winnings via bank transfer, which takes a lot of time and includes additional fees.
However, since Paysafecard withdrawals are possible in some other countries, they will likely become available for Filipino players soon.
Available Games in Paysafecard Casinos
Players who deposit using this method may play any of the games offered in Paysafecard casinos. From poker and video slots to live dealers — your options are as vast as the casino’s game selection.
Paysafecard Casinos Bonuses and Promotions
Since Paysafecard deposits involve real money, players are entitled to all the bonuses and promotions offered by the casino. So, regardless of whether you’re looking for welcome packages, no deposit bonuses, or other interesting promotions, all of them will be at your disposal. You can find the best offers on this page.
A friendly reminder — make sure to check the wagering requirements set in the Terms and Conditions page of the casino before you start playing with bonuses.
Paysafecard Mobile Casinos
Depositing with Paysafecard only requires entering the voucher’s code. Therefore, you can certainly do it via mobile. You can use your smartphone to buy your prepaid card, refund your account immediately, and play your favorite games on the go.
Paysafecard is arguably the most secure payment method out there. Combine this with its swiftness and ease of use, and you will get a top-notch banking option.
The only thing lacking is the fact Filipino players can’t withdraw with Paysafecard. Once this is taken care of, it could possibly become the best payment choice for online casinos in the Philippines.