Skrill is a well-established online payment method that offers a wide array of money transfer services on an international level. It’s renowned both for offering low fees and exchange rates and for providing secure transactions. The elegant, user-friendly interface of this e-payment platform only cements its worldwide reputation.
This company supports over 40 different currencies, including the Philippine peso. Given the well-known promptness of Skrill-powered money transactions, it’s no wonder that most online casinos in the Philippines support this digital wallet provider. It’s fast, safe, and easy to use, so the number of iGaming companies offering this payment option is bound to increase.
Read on if you want to know more about Skrill and how to utilize this swift banking method in Filipino online casinos.
Recommended Filipino Skrill Casinos
100% up to 7,000 PHP + 120 Free Spins
1st Deposit Bonus
100% up to 7,000 PHP + 200 Free Spins
100% up to 25,000 PHP + 100 Free Spins
100% up to $300 + 30 Free Spins
1st Deposit Bonus
What Is Skrill?
Skrill, formerly known as Moneybookers, is a multicurrency e-wallet platform used for processing online money transactions. Founded in 2001, it quickly became one of the most recognized businesses in the online payment industry. After more than 20 years of continuous growth, the company now operates in more than 200 countries.
Seeing that it allows its users to make transactions in 40 international currencies, it comes as no surprise that it expanded its digital wallet in 2018 to include cryptocurrencies. Nowadays, the company claims to have more than 40 million users across the globe. Given its favorable exchange rates and the quickness of payment processing, it’s safe to assume this number is constantly on the rise.
An interesting piece of trivia you should know about Skrill is that it has a partnership with Leeds United (an English Premier League football club) and a sponsorship deal with AC Milan (an Italian Serie A team).
How to Create a Skrill Account
If you want to use Skrill in the Philippines for iGaming purposes, opening an account is the first necessary step. This is a pretty straightforward procedure, as are most things concerning this payment method. You will learn everything you need to know about the registration and verification process in the following guide:
- Register your Skrill account — Enter Skrill’s official website through your browser, and click on the Register button located at the top right corner of the page. To complete the sign-up process, you’ll need to enter your first and last name, country of residence, the currency you want to use (the Philippine peso is an available option), e-mail, and password.
- Set up your Skrill account — In the following step, you’ll need to enter your address, city, postal code, date of birth, and phone number. Skrill will message you the code you need to type in to verify your phone number. After that, you’ll be asked to create a 6-digit pin to maximize the security of your account.
- Make a deposit — If you want to verify your account and use all available features, you need to make a deposit of at least $1.13 (you can calculate the current PHP equivalent of $1.13 using an online currency converter). You can transfer the aforementioned amount to Skrill either via your credit/debit card or through a manual bank transfer. We advise you to go for the first option since it takes only 15–20 minutes to complete the transfer, whereas the latter can last up to 5 days.
- Verify your Skrill account — To complete the verification process, go to Settings on the left of the page, and then click on Verification at the bottom. You can choose to verify via passport, ID card, or driver’s license. You also need to submit a proof of address issued in the last three months. After this, you’ll need to confirm your identity by uploading a photo of your face upfront. That’s it! Now you’re all set to use Skrill for your favorite online casino games!
How to Make Deposits in Skrill Casinos
The list of Filipino Skrill casinos is long. This e-wallet is characterized by its simplicity, so it’s only logical that making a deposit will be a piece of cake too. Still, we need to explain the necessary procedure. Here’s the rundown:
- Sign up to a Skrill casino — You have many options, so take another look at our list of recommended Skrill casinos to find out which casino has the best offers and suits you the most. To complete the sign-up process, you’ll need to enter some basic information, such as your first and last name, your address, postal code, etc.
- Choose Skrill as the deposit method — Once you’ve completed the sign-up process, go to the cashier page. Look at the list of available payment methods and select Skrill. Enter the e-mail address of your Skrill account and the amount you want to deposit.
- Log in to your Skrill account — When you’ve completed the process mentioned above, you’ll be transferred to a pop-up window, where you need to enter the password and PIN code of your Skrill account to confirm the payment. In the next pop-up, you need to choose whether you want to deposit from your credit/debit card or your Skrill balance. Then, you need to click on the Pay Now button. Your money will be transferred almost instantly, and you’ll be free to play your favorite casino games!
How to Withdraw in Filipino Online Casinos via Skrill
The steps we’ve described above are simple, but the withdrawal process is even easier. To collect your winnings, this is all you have to do:
- Log in to your casino account and go to the cashier.
- Click on the Withdraw option and select Skrill.
- Choose the amount you want to transfer and fill in your Skrill account details.
- Confirm the payout request.
- Wait until the pending period for the withdrawal request passes (this usually takes 24-48 hours, depending on the casino. After this period ends, the funds will probably appear in your digital wallet within 15–20 minutes.
Advantages of Using Skrill
This digital wallet provider wouldn’t last so long in the industry if its pros didn’t outweigh its cons. There are many reasons to choose this payment method, so let’s name a few:
- Privacy — When using a Skrill wallet, you can be assured that your personal information won’t be compromised. With 20 years of history behind it, this company’s credibility is undisputed, and its services are reliable.
- Speed — Being able to transfer your funds momentarily is a great convenience. Whether you’re making a deposit or collecting your payout, rest assured that your money will be transferred in an instant.
- Safety — This banking method is among the safest ones out there. Skrill’s activities in the Philippines are coordinated by Skrill Limited, which is in turn regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA is one of the strictest regulatory bodies, so it’s safe to assume that Skrill is held at high standards. You shouldn’t worry about safety because your money is protected by segregated user accounts and the website and mobile app use the HTTPS encryption method.
- User-friendliness — Brilliantly designed and aesthetically pleasing, Skrill’s customer-oriented interface is among the best ones in the game. It’s almost impossible to get lost navigating its website and app. However, if you do get lost or have some issues, customer support is available 24/7, so you can always count on the agents to give you a hand.
- Fees and exchange rates — Arguably, the best thing about Skrill is that it offers fee-free international transfers for debit cards, bank accounts, Paysafecash, and Klarna. Domestic transfer fees can go up to 2%, which is still a pretty competitive rate. The currency conversion rate can go up to 4.99%, although it’s usually smaller than that.
Disadvantages of Using Skrill
While reading online reviews of Skrill, we found some people complaining about their accounts being frozen due to a large amount of money received. If you happen to win big in an online casino, withdrawing all the money right away can lead to this.
On the other hand, if you try to solve this problem by withdrawing smaller amounts and leaving the rest in your e-casino account, you may be tempted to gamble away the money stuck there.
Another disadvantage of Skrill is that it’s often incompatible with casino bonuses and promotions.
Available Games in Skrill Casinos
Since Skrill is accepted by most online gambling platforms, it’s safe to assume you can play any of the games available. From blackjack and poker to video slots and roulette — you name it!
Skrill Casinos Bonuses and Promotions
Skrill has a whole page on its site dedicated to online gambling. You can visit it and view all the offers in all the different casinos it has in store. You’ll be amazed by the tremendous welcome bonuses offered by Skrill casinos.
However, make sure to read the terms and conditions first. You need to meet the specified wagering requirements if you want to cash in on those promotions.
Skrill Mobile Casinos
Skrill’s mobile app is probably the best in the market. Conveniently, online casinos that accept Skrill are also up to date. Combine the two, and you can play your favorite games anywhere you want, with the option to withdraw your winnings immediately after the pending period of your Skrill casino passes.
Skrill is near the top of the online payment industry for a reason. Fast, safe, reliable, and easy to use — when compared to such pros, the cons seem to fade away.